Monday, September 7, 2009

Nice Ride

Today was awesome, I spent the extra time to groom her really good before the ride today. It is coming into fall so I keep lots of cowboy magic in the mane and tail to keep them pine needs out or if they get in there they come out real easy. She wasn't thrilled about the extra grooming session, hmm a horse that don't like to be groomed anyone else have one like that? I got on her and started riding her around and I noticed my neighbor out in her pasture and so I rode her over to the fence line. My neighbor came over and we sat there and talked for about 30 minutes. My mare STOOD there the whole time. I was amazed this has taken me a long time to get her to this point and I was so proud of her. So when I went to depart I asked her for her favorite gate the lope. This is a reward to her, punishment to her is walking. We loped around a little bit and then got down to the actual training part. I am teaching her a kiss means change gaits, I kiss once she walks out, I kiss again she picks up into a slow trot, I kiss again she extends the trot and then I kiss again and she moves out into a lope. We are now working on the transition down, when I say easy she is supposed to step down a step and she is getting this real well. I can be loping and say walk and she most of the time will come right down to a walk. I am so proud of this girl she is coming along so good.

Barbara

Gymkhana is in 5 days I will try to get pictures but we will see so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment