Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bad Day

So I went out planning on having a wonderful morning with my mare. Well it went to hell in a matter of mintues. She restored back to her ranch behavior of I am not going to let you catch me, corner me or bribe me with food. I was so frustrated, I fed the other group breakfast and kept her back with a lunge whip. When they were done I left the pasture totally ignoring her, when I came out with the other groups feed in the lower field she nickered and walked up towards her dish. So I walked out, with a food dish in my hand and when she started eating it I petted her, asked for a leg and had her fellow me. I didn't push the issue any further than that, I gave her breakfast ( she is the alpha mare so I can get away with this ) if she hadn't let me come up and mess with her she would have been left tell dinner. It wouldn't have hurt her our horses are not on a schule because we need to know if there is an emergency there not going crazy or colicing because were late. We do the same thing with our rabbits. Then mom goes out tonight was able to catch her without a problem ( go figure ) and fitted the new bit on her. So she decided to jump on her bareback and see how she worked in it. This was moms first ride on my mare ever, guess she did good for her, so I was glad that the day ended with what I intended it to start with. So it is 2 days tell the gymkhana. I plan on riding tomorrow, getting her blanket washed and giving her a quick ride and bath on Friday. Then it's show time. If everything goes as planned pictures will be added tomorrow of her in her gymkhana attire!! Orange Headstall, breast collar, and saddle pad cover then green boots and reins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment