Friday, September 4, 2009

New Bit

I have decided to try my mare in a combo bit, plan on biting her up tomorrow if I get a chance, if not on Monday. We will only have a few days left tell the show, so I will be ridding her everyday then giving her Friday off. I plan to wash her blanket tomorrow so that way I can giver her a good bath on Friday, then blanket her for the night. I have rode her in both a bitless bride and she did wonderful in it, you just don't have as much control as you need. So then I switched her over to a snaffle, and I got the control. I think it is now time to introduce her to my combination myler and see how she dose. It will give her nose pressure then turn to bit pressure if needed. I think she should excel in this bit. If I think she is ready to run in it then I will try it out on Saturday, but will have my good ol back up bridle with me.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment