Saturday, August 29, 2009

WHEW

Ok, So Friday I had a beautiful ride on my mare. My mom came out and caught the colt and had a good lesson about leading with him. I got on my mare and rode her, we loped around worked on stopping and backing. I would take her out of sight of the baby and she never took a wrong step. At one point he was screaming his head off and she just kept a level head through it all. I tried yet another saddle pad have one more to try before I can't do anymore. On Saturday I rode her again and again she did wonderful. We worked a lot on transition of gates, maintaining said gate through turns and such. She is a very willing but watches over her rider quite well, when I asked her to canter a circle if she felt me slipping she would drop down and I would just cluck and she would pick it back up. I did something I never thought I would be able to do, I was canter around the pasture with only one hand on the rein and my other hand on my side. I still have to get confidence in turning at a high rate of speed but that will come over time. Every ride has been a great ride so far, with a little bit of a challenge here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment