Thursday, August 27, 2009

Havn't been riding

I haven't made it out to ride again but I am going to tackle that tomorrow. I have to locate a new saddle pad, I have used this one on her for the longest time and since she gave birth it is now causing dry spots. I am more then likely going to have to buy a new pad but I should have an old one for now. We are in the middle of complete barn reconstruction, we are moving the rabbits to a new barn to allow the horses a good barn. This winter we are hoping to have real stalls and not just thrown together ones or ones that flood. We are doing a little at a time and should have it set to go in just a few months. Our horses are not going to know what to do, there used to trees and blankets. Yes, the trees kept them very dry if they used them. But have you ever noticed that if you give them shelter they don't use it. My mothers new mare will not use a shelter unless she is locked in, she has stood out in a rain screaming her head off most of the night getting completely soaked. Every other horse in the pasture was dry in the morning nope not her, so we had to put up an ER stall to get her out of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment