Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mondays Ride

So I didn't get out there today but I cleared up some old business with my old horse trainer so that was nice. Yesturday was my 3rd ride on her since she foaled the beginning of Aug. and each ride she is starting to test me more and more. For the first time ever she tried to bolt on me into another part of the pasture when we were loping straight lines. After her second failed attempt and her attempt to fool me and try and buck she got to go where she wanted and I worked her solid there. We did circles and spins and pretty much made her move her feet extremely quickly. After a few minutes I took her back the the middle of the pasture and let her rest. I did this two times and by the end of the second round she had dropped her head into a nice western pleasure headset and licking her lips. I then walked her up to where I do the straight line canter work and turned her around and asked her for it. She went right into it keeping her head low and not even offering to step out of the straight line. I made her to 4 straight lines * down and back twice * and then I got off of her and loosened the cinch. She was pretty worked up so I had to keep the foal back for a bit to cool her down, it didn't take long. She is coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment