Monday, February 15, 2010

The new gelding

All I can say is I miss my already trained mare but I love a challange so its been fun...I have done 3 great rides on him. I was really nervos the first day but we settled in together and are doing great... I have him trotting now and it is learning it great... He dose not like to go left, heck were almost neck reining to the right already!!! We worked around cones, ground poles and a barrel and he is having fun..I can tell his heart will be in the trail however...He hates any type of pleasure work, if his mind is thinking then were good...I plan to ride him on wen. then thur morning then let my novice brother on him... My brother isn't a complete novice but dosn't have lots of hours..This horse was bought as an extra horse and so its time for him to get used to new riders...He was well started when we got him, however he sat for a year but it is coming back to him quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment