Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More training

Well cross communication happened today at our barn, mom told me she wasn't putting the horses in and I said ok. I then decided to take another day off...Well whent I got to the barn the horses were in..So since I was late I figured what the heck lets go ride in the old garden... We were going along and you could feel him wanting to do something of some sort. I kept changing directions keeping his attention focused on me. Then he let out a sigh and dropped his head, but he was tricking me into thinking he was relaxing. He then bolted forward into a trot, I caught him and we started spinning circels of course to the left hehehe...He will learn to go left one of these days...After that he started listening and doing as I had asked. My brother is new to riding but been on a few horses and on a few trail rides. I asked him if he wanted to claim on but I would keep a line on him. I know Zip well enough to say that he listens to me on ground and comes right out of a trot. While my brother was riding I observed a very confussed, uneasy and nervos horse. He isn't used to someone that dosn't know how to ride something he will over come. My brother around 10 mintues then claimed off, Zip even thou uncomfertable handled himself well. I told mom for now experienced riders on him, or a line with new riders untill he is used to him. My brother wants to get on the trail but he has to wait for the babysitter horse to come home...Yep my mare is miss realible...

No comments:

Post a Comment