Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wild Horse

Well when mom got off work she hitched up the trailer to bring Dolly back to the ranch. I go out to catch her and she decided to wanted to play instead of being caught it was so damn cute. We played for 5 mintues and then she let me walk up and catch her. Then we loaded her up and headed to the ranch. She was snorting and dancing around but I thought what the hell and jumped up figuring she would settle down. Umm nope she was a ball of fire waiting to explode on me. So I go off and decided that I would turn her lose with the gelding for a bit and then take her into the barn. Since I had to go to work I left her halter on her making it easier for mom to catch her since somtimes she can be a challange. She tore across the field neck arched tail flaring, if I didn't know better I thought she looked like a darn Arab. She got to play in the field for a while and then mom had a hard time catching her. She is currently in her stall still full of energy, looks like the lower field will be closed to maintance of a new cross fence she it will be lunging time for her for a few days. Wish me luck, I might get to go for a ride on Wen. my aunt don't work and she said we might haul out. I don't get excited over things like that becuse normally they don't happen. However, I have to get that extra energy off of her. She hasn't been on a trail ride since her main training quite a few years back. I did a little bit about a year or so ago around the ladies property but never with other horses and she was used to the area we were in. So it could get interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment